We are the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the independent regulator of health and adult social care services in England.
We make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high quality care and we encourage care services to improve.
We monitor, inspect and regulate services to make sure they meet fundamental standards of quality and safety and we publish what we find, including performance ratings to help people choose care.
- We put people who use services at the centre of our work.
- We are independent, rigorous, fair and consistent.
- We have an open and accessible culture.
- We work in partnership across the health and social care system.
- We are committed to being a high performing organisation and apply the same standards of continuous improvement to ourselves that we expect of others.
- We promote equality, diversity and human rights
We are making changes to how we work. We’re improving the way we listen to what people are saying about services, and radically changing our inspections, with bigger more expert teams who will rate services so people can better understand our judgement.