Forresters is a leading full service intellectual property firm with an international client base. We have offices located in London, Birmingham, Liverpool, and Munich. Since being established in 1884, we have grown from a regional firm into an international practice. Despite our long history we are a young firm with a fresh approach to our clients’ requirements and employee career progression. We are rated as one of the leading intellectual property firms in the UK.
The successful candidate will join Forresters’ thriving Technology and Engineering group in its London office, and will train in handling all aspects of patents and registered designs. The candidate will assist in protecting inventions in a wide range of technical fields, including mechanical and civil engineering, medical devices, laboratory diagnostic equipment, consumer goods and electrical and telecommunications inventions. On-the-job training will be given by partners and other fully qualified senior attorneys, as well as through external training courses – fully funded by the firm. The aim is for the candidate to become a fully-qualified UK and European patent attorney.
- A 2:1 degree or above in engineering, electronics, physics, telecommunications, computer science or a similar discipline is required.
- You must be capable of working both independently and as part of a team, have organisational skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You must possess a commitment to quality and attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Start date: Summer/autumn 2017
- Very competitive salary.
- A pleasant and friendly working environment.
- 22 days increasing up to 25 days of annual leave in addition to UK bank holidays.
- 35 hour week.
- Flexible working – core hours.
- Additional 6 flexi days off in lieu.
- Mutual pension contribution of up to 5%
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Health Cash plan
- Season Ticket Loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye Care vouchers
Applications should include a C.V. and covering letter and must be received by 8th November 2016.
Please state in the cover letter the role and location for which you are applying, and confirm whether you have a permanent right to live and work in the UK.