Established in 1933, Hillier Hopkins LLP is now one of the region’s leading independent Firm’s of Chartered Accountants. It has 17 Principals with four offices based in Aylesbury, London, Milton Keynes and Watford, employing over 100 staff.
We provide advice and support to individuals and businesses ranging from small family enterprises to large international corporations including specialist divisions in tax investigations, corporate recovery and entertainment and media.
The day to day duties will include:
- Preparing all groundwork for Accounts to be produced.
- Producing Accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies including Small to Medium Sized Enterprises and Owner Managed Businesses.
- Carrying out audit work and attending client’s premises as required.
- To carry out tax work as directed.
- To monitor and record accurately all projects undertaken.
- Accounts work will be prepared using the relevant accounting software. We currently use Caseware, Sage and
Quickbooks as well as Microsoft Excel.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- GCSE English Language and Mathematics at Grade B or above.
- Good A levels, excluding General Studies and A/S Levels (a minimum of 300 UCAS points, at one exam sitting,
- A Graduate, expecting a Degree result of 2:1 or above.
- Be IT competent and familiar with Microsoft computerised packages.
- The ability to prioritise and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Registration with the ICAEW for a 3 year Chartered Accountancy Training Contract.
- Full training and study support for the appropriate examinations to enable you to qualify as a Chartered
- Good career progression may be available at the end of the 3 year period for the right candidate.
- Full time hours of work: 9.00 am – 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday, with 1 hour for lunch each day.
- The package will include:
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme subject to eligibility (Employer 5%; Employee 3%)
- Group Income Protection Scheme (non contributory) following completion of a 13-week probationary period.
- Death In Service scheme cover (4x salary).
- Annual Leave will be 20 days per annum, including 3 days to be taken at Christmas/New Year.
- Smoking: Hillier Hopkins LLP operates a non-smoking policy.
- Driving: The ideal candidate must have a clean, valid Driving Licence and will be required to travel to Clients’ premises (relevant mileage costs will be reimbursed).