As a Trainee Accountant you will be supporting the Accounting and Outsourcing Services Team on the delivery of statutory accounts preparation to a wide range of clients.
Your role will be to support management in the preparation of statutory accounts, year end financial statements /accounts, maintaining accounting records and preparing management accounts for clients within set time scales whilst study towards professional qualification.
- To assist with the preparation of statutory accounts
- To assist with preparation of year end financial statements/accounts
- To assist with maintaining the accounting records and
- To assist with preparing management accounts for clients.
- To assist with preparation of HMRC VAT returns.
- Communicate with the team on any issues or findings
- To develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience
- To ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis
- To have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- To maintain a professional working relationship with clients
- To attend client social activities
- Attend all training courses as required
Person Specification & Academic Requirements
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Effectively able to manage projects
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to produce accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Actively offers assistance to colleagues
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Ability to build relationships
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
- Adopts a pro-active approach to work
- 2:1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Training Contract & Study Support
Graduates: We will fund for you to study towards the ACCA qualification.