We would like to recruit a Technology and Innovation Management Intern to work on a wide range of exciting assignments within our Technology Practice for the summer 2015. You will help create technology and innovation management strategies, processes and frameworks in support of the development of ‘best practice’ approaches to innovation and R&D. You will work in small business-focused multi-disciplinary teams, alongside other like-minded consultants from our technology & innovation skill team. Very quickly, you will assume responsibility for important project workstreams, which may typically involve the development of a project portfolio management business tool, advice on time-to-market or gathering insights on market sector developments. You will use your interpersonal skills to help develop client relationships and will establish your own networks.
During your 12 weeks as an intern at PA you will develop your understanding of the competencies required to be a highly effective consultant. You will be supported by coaching and guidance from our experienced consultants and opportunities to broaden your experience on challenging projects and programmes.
- Interest in defining and applying management solutions to R&D and Innovation in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Interest in the commercial exploitation of technology and the commercial role of intellectual property; this could also be in a special interest area that has formed part of your graduate.
- Keen interest the application of management disciplines to technology development within a business context.
- Understanding of management tools and techniques for creativity, decision making and process mapping.
- Knowledge of how leading companies innovate.
- Understanding of product development processes in different sectors.
- Able to innovate and think freely.
- Track record of working both individually and collaboratively in teams of highly skilled business and technology consultants in a technical project-based environment.
- Energy and enthusiasm to take on new challenges in a range of industry sectors.
- Adaptable and flexible; self-motivated and confident; able to use own initiative and work independently as part of a small team.
- Able to solve problems using both logic and creative/innovative approaches.
- Numerate and computer literate, with excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Well organised, good time management skills, able to plan and prioritise, and able to work to deadlines and under pressure.