We have an opportunity for a talented product/ industrial design student to join our design team this summer as part of our Design & Innovation Group. We are seeking someone with the confidence to challenge our thinking and add value to our current design offering by bringing new skills and fresh perspectives. Of particular interest are individuals who are attuned to both consumer behaviour and client perspectives, and who understand brands and trends.
You will work closely and collaboratively with the design team and staff from across the business to create, develop and position new products, strategies and services for external and internal multimedia dissemination. You will apply your thorough understanding of product and graphic design principles to create new materials and you will be responsible for the effective communication of new ideas and concepts.
- Adaptable and flexible; self-motivated and confident; able to use own initiative and work independently as part of a small team
- Enrolled studying a degree or equivalent in a relevant design discipline and preferably have completed at least 1 year of study (product/graphic/web)
- Your portfolio should demonstrate freehand and product/graphic concept development skills with an ability to illustrate abstract ideas and/or products
- You understand the capabilities and design constraints of different manufacturing methods
- Appreciative of 3D form and preferably proficient in SolidWorks
- Able to communicate ideas and technical content effectively
- Well organised and able to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Open-minded and passionate about what you do
You will be mentored by experienced design professionals and you will have the opportunity to broaden your skill base and gain commercial experience.