THE DERIVATIVES UTILITY BUSINESS
The Derivatives Utility provides customers with derivatives clearing operations and technology services for trade clearing, trade lifecycle management, margin processing, reconciliation, and data management. The Derivatives Utility covers more than 135 cleared derivative markets in more than 35 countries.
FIS’ Derivatives Utility was designed to help global capital markets firms better adapt to market challenges by enabling market participants, including futures commission merchants (FCMs), to achieve greater efficiencies by leveraging economies of scale in middle- and back-office processing and technology.
We are offering graduates an exciting opportunity to join our Derivatives Utility as a technology business analyst, based in Canary Wharf. You will work directly for a portfolio project manager managing our mandatory and BAU technology projects across the Utility. In this role, you will develop a good understanding of derivatives as well as how a technology organisation functions and the type of work you can expect will include:
- Project requirements gathering from the client and relaying those to the development and change teams
- Client meeting to get familiar with the projects portfolio and present project status
- Work with project managers and development managers to understand project management and development practices and how they are reported out at a macro level
- Seek and report back on opportunities to automate and streamline processes (e.g. Agile and Jira)
- Communicate accurate status updates at agreed intervals including milestone updates
- Understand the needs of multiple stakeholders and groups such as IT/change teams, application development and derivatives operations
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills:
- Proactive, enthusiastic and looking to be challenged!
- Graduating in a technical, financial or other numerate discipline
- Aspiring to develop a successful career with a leading financial technology company!
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
Your development is important to us and we will support your learning needs through on-the-job training, challenging projects, and access to a robust programme of online and classroom learning.
Upon joining FIS, you will attend the core graduate training week designed to provide you with an overview of how our organisation is structured, our technology and the markets we serve. Additionally, you will attend training sessions focused on professional skills that you will build on throughout your career.
WHAT ARE WE OFFERING?
- Working in a very dynamic client facing environment.
- A chance to learn about a wide range of projects within the derivatives space
- A fun and supportive team to help with your development
- A range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover and travel insurance
- Amazing views of London from our Canary Wharf office!