Make a difference at Mazars
From the first day you arrive at Mazars, you will be welcomed with rewarding work, a good client list and supportive colleagues – all the crucial ingredients you need to inspire and educate you as you carry out your Internship.
An overview of the role
We have a limited number of Summer Internship opportunities within our London Tax department. These posts, lasting up to six weeks, offer undergraduates in the penultimate year of their degree a fantastic opportunity to gain first hand experience of working with and learning from a highly successful team of Tax professionals.
The London Tax team works with a wide range of clients, ranging from multinational companies to general insurers to high net-worth individuals. We work closely with our colleagues in other business lines and countries to provide the support and advice required by our clients. This summer programme will enable you to gain a general understanding of tax, develop new skills, and build your commercial awareness, plus you will get excellent networking opportunities with our Managers and Partners.
Your role will be to assist the team with their day to day client work, including:
• Preparation of company and personal tax returns
• Provision of advice to our current client base
• Preparation of engagement letters and fee proposals
• Attendance at client and internal meetings
How we will support you
We will continuously support you through out your Internship by:
- Providing you with feedback: We believe that continuous feedback is the best way to learn. You will receive feedback on each job you work on.
- Supporting your development: You will have regular review meetings during your placement to discuss how you are progressing and will receive support and advice about your longer term career.
We also look to develop long term relationships with our intern students and if the placement goes well you may be offered a role to re-join Mazars on our renowned Graduate Training scheme after you have completed your degree.
What we are looking for
We want driven professional individuals who excel at working with others, who have the ability to communicate at a high level and who share the same values as Mazars. Alongside this you must be able to demonstrate analytical skills, commitment, drive commercial awareness, flexibility and creativity.
We look for candidates who can demonstrate a strong academic track record.
• You will be on course to achieve, at least a 2.1 in your degree, although the subject of your degree is not important.
• You’ll need at least 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
• We also look for Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
If there were extenuating circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.
Closing date for applications
We do not have a closing date for our vacancies, so you can apply all year round. However, competition is high so we would advise that you apply as early as you can.
Duration 6 weeks