As a Tax Intern you will be supporting the Tax Team on the delivery of high quality compliance and advisory tax services to clients. You will work with a broad range of clients, covering a number of sectors – sizes ranging from privately owned business (POB) up to fully listed companies.
Your role will be assisting the Tax Team to provide effective tax compliance and tax strategies to companies and individuals.
- To support the Tax Team with preparation of tax calculations
- Involvement in written and verbal communications
- To support with the provision of high quality tax compliance on a portfolio of clients
- To carry out research on a client and its industry by reviewing background information and useful publications
- Communicate with the Tax Team on any issues or findings
- To ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis
- To build an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- Attend client and team social activities
- Attend all training courses as required
Person Specification & Academic Requirements
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Effectively able to manage projects
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to produce accurate and timely work
- Ability to participate in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Actively offers assistance to colleagues
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Ability to build relationships
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
- Adopts a pro-active approach to work
- Achieved, or on track to achieve, a 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
If there were extenuating circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.
Training Contract & Study Support
We will continuously support you throughout your internship by:
- Providing you with feedback: We believe that continuous feedback is the best way to learn. You will receive feedback on each job you work on.
- Supporting your development: You will have regular review meetings during your placement to discuss how you are progressing and will receive support and advice about your longer term career.
At Mazars we don’t have a “one size fits all” approach to benefits. We want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
“my” is a scheme that you manage through a personalised online system. In addition to the core benefits, it lets you pick options from a range of benefits that we have negotiated to take advantage of a combination of Mazars’ buying power and tax breaks. This way you select the benefit package that suits you and the needs of your family!
Benefits are organised into five categories: my family, my finance & security, my leisure & lifestyle, my health & wellbeing and my charitable giving.