This role will provide Tax services for a variety of clients. You will be part of the Tax team, ensuring that all of their deliverables are completed on time and within budget for their Senior and Manager. You will be self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines, have excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills together with an ability and interest in understanding their clients’ business.
Working in Corporate Mergers & Acqusitions tax involves advising on both corporate and shareholder issues. We work closely with different sizes of companies in a variety of industries, and deal predominantly with UK issues.
At first, you will largely be dealing with compliance issues – providing figures for statutory accounts and preparing corporation tax returns. As you progress, you will be tackling more complex projects, advising senior staff at our clients on tax pitfalls and opportunities, dealing with HMRC and getting to grips with complex tax advisory projects. Our work also includes providing transaction support to our corporate finance team, which includes tax due diligence and advising on the tax implications of a sale, disposal or refinancing etc.
Business Area Overview
• Assist the Seniors and Managers as part of a wider team to service their clients
• Ensure client files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section
• Carry out ad hoc requirements as may be reasonably required by the line manager
• Take responsibility for all client matters as directed by the senior and manager
• Prepare client tax returns required by the Senior and Manager
• Active adherence to budget and time pressures, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager
• Preparation of engagement letters and client acceptance documentation
• Ensure professional standards are met
Communication and representation:
• Must demonstrate strong team playing skills in all client and internal management dealings
• Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
• Provide an efficient and pro active service to clients and their internal management to ensure that their needs are fully met
• Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by the Tax team
• Willing and open to take on tasks and challenges provided by their manager
2:1 degree in any discipline
280 UCAS Points or equivalent, excluding General Studies
Grade B or above in GCSE Maths and English