We are offering an exciting 10-12-week internship in FIS’ Derivatives Utility. This business helps global capital markets firms better adapt to market challenges by enabling market participants, including futures commission merchants (FCMs), to achieve greater efficiencies by leveraging economies of scale in middle- and back-office processing and technology. The business ultimately provides customers with derivatives clearing operations and technology services for trade clearing, trade lifecycle management, margin processing, reconciliation, and data management. The Derivatives Utility covers more than 135 cleared derivative markets in more than 35 countries!
We are offering internships in:
- Operations team – you will develop an understanding of the process flows of the lifecycle management of a trade including: position management, deliveries, expiries, collateral management, reconciliations, clearing and corporate actions. You will be a full team member and the type of work you will be performing on a day to day basis will include investigation and resolution of all trade and position breaks across cleared derivatives markets as well as process analysis and improvements
- Technology team – you will specifically focus on building and implementing tools and reporting capability around projects managed within Jira (both agile and waterfall). During your placement, you will be a full team member and the type of work you can expect during your internship will include working with project managers and development managers to understand their business requirements for how they manage projects, and assist in defining a technical solution for those requirements
Your internship will provide you the opportunity to learn the basics of derivatives products/project management and building solutions – a great first step and insight into the financial technology sector!
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking penultimate year students ideally completing a degree in a numerate discipline (such as mathematics, engineering, finance/economics, or computer science) and targeting a 2:1 grade:
- With a keen interest in both finance and technology
- Proactive, enthusiastic to learn and looking to be challenged!
- Aspiring to develop valuable work experience at a leading financial technology company!
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
In addition to the practical experience you will gain working in the Utility team, you can also expect to develop your skills and knowledge in the following three areas:
- Financial knowledge: you will enhance your financial knowledge – learning more about how the Utility manage and clear millions of derivative transactions globally
- Analytical skills: through methodically interpreting data and making decisions based on the contributing factors
- Business processes: working within a derivatives team in an international commercial environment, you will gain an insight into how different parts of the organisation interact
- Technical skills: if joining the technology team, you will gain a good understanding of how development practices work within a large software organisation and will have ownership of your project and delivery from inception to go live