The 10-week Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley’s Investment Banking Division (IBD) by taking on some of the responsibilities and functions of a Full-time Analyst for the summer period. Summer Analysts are assigned to a specific group in either IBD or Global Capital Markets (GCM), building basic skills in financial analysis, accounting and valuation, while working on a wide range of domestic and international transactions.
Training begins in June with one week of intensive classroom training. This will include an introduction to Morgan Stanley, followed by division-specific training. Throughout the internship, you will be exposed to business speakers, practical sessions and have the opportunity to exchange ideas and learn from your peers through various social activities and events.
- Gathering and synthesising financial and operating information about companies, industries and governments.
- Creating and updating financial models.
- Gathering market data to analyse trends and help value and price transactions.
- Drafting presentations and memoranda for a wider audience within the Firm and the financial services industry.
- Attending team discussions and client meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ REQUIREMENTS
- You have strong analytical and numerical skills that put you at ease with financial data.
- You are results-driven, perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines.
- You are a proven team player with the ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities.
- You have an excellent academic background and fluency in English. Ability to communicate effectively in multiple languages is an advantage.
- You articulate complex ideas simply and summarise them effectively.
- You are committed to excellence in your work and maintain high professional and ethical standards.