Menzies LLP is currently looking to recruit a talented and ambitious 2nd year student to be our next placement student in our central London office working in our Business Recovery team.
The Business Recovery team stands for the qualities that power sound decisions. And we believe that behind every good decision, you’ll find solid thinking, proven experience and valuable insight. But all the numbers and facts in the world mean nothing without a top team of professionals to make sense of them all.
That’s where YOU come in – provided you’re incisive, entrepreneurial and up for a challenge. We offer an environment where your talent and perspective matter – where you can make a real impact.
Our Insolvency professionals serve as a Trusted Advisors to individuals, companies, financial sponsors, lenders, creditors and other interested parties providing clear and concise solutions to distressed situations.
The firm prides itself on the experience and responsibility which it offers placement students
The work is varied, and the placement student will gain exposure to a variety of insolvency procedures such as Administrations, Liquidations (both solvent and insolvent) and personal insolvency cases such as Bankruptcy and Individual Voluntary Arrangements.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Using the firm’s established internal systems to produce standard letters and forms on case related matters to comply with all regulatory obligations.
- To deal with correspondence (both written correspondence and telephone calls) in a timely and professional manner.
- To liaise with and provide feedback to creditors, employees and directors of insolvent estates.
- To liaise with solicitors, chattel agents and debt collection agents to ensure asset realisations are maximized.
- To collate information and assist in the preparation of reports.
- To take ownership of their cases and manage their own workload.
- To keep line managers appraised on progress.
- To assist and support other members of the team as required.
- To take an active part in the firm and be a part of its “work winning team” ethos.
The job may involve travel to clients’ sites, away from the Office.
We can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- A highly competitive base salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 23.5 days a year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working policies (core hours are between 10am and 4.30pm)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events – each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program – our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Be on course to graduate with, at least a 2:1 in your chosen degree discipline
- Demonstrated track record of superior academic and work performance; demonstrated commitment to outstanding results
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to master new tasks quickly
- Dedication to teamwork, demonstrated leadership potential and strong personal integrity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with focus on Excel and Word
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Flexibility to travel, as needed
During the industrial placement, you are encouraged to seek guidance and assistance from other team members, at any point. Further, there are regular in-house training sessions that assist the development of all staff. There is a real opportunity for successful students to return after graduating.