BDO is an award-winning, UK Member Firm of BDO International , the world’s fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. We specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Our strength in the market place is mirrored in our achievements – Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of our recent accolades. Our people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach and you’ll find that BDO is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
An Audit Trainee will form part of the audit team both on-site at clients, and in the office, ensuring that all aspects of the audit are completed on time and within budget. Audit Trainees will be expected to study for and complete the accounting qualification over a 5 year period, and will be supported, developed and supervised by senior members of the audit group.
Trainees joining us on the School Leaver Programme will spend 2 years working in the business and during that time will study towards the CFAB qualification and the Higher National Apprenticeship in Accountancy (HNA). Following the successful completion of CFAB and the HNA scheme, you will continue on to study towards the ACA over the next 3 years.
Business Area Overview
• Assist within the wider team by obtaining audit evidence necessary to support opinions given.
• Prepare analysis of accounting data from clients books and records.
• Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions.
• Active engagement with client staff in the gathering of appropriate audit evidence.
• Active adherence to budget and timetable, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager, particularly when actual time is in excess of budget.
• Involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the Executive or Manager.
• Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
• Identify and understand client needs, including sometimes providing initial solutions to client challenges, then communicating these needs and solutions to the Executive or Manager.
• Build strong relationships with new and established clients.
• Carry out ad hoc assignments as may be reasonably required by your group.
• Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by your group.
• Coaching and assisting more junior trainees on the team, both at client premises and in the office.
• Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities.
280 UCAS Points or equivilant (taken from your highest three A-Level grades excluding General Studies)
Grade B or above in GCSE Maths and English