We help more than 50 million customers worldwide to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. Retail Banking and Wealth Management provides HSBC’s personal customers with a range of banking services, from current accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages to savings, investments, insurance and wealth management. We serve customers through four main routes: our branch network, self-service terminals, call centres, and internet and mobile banking channels.
We also have opportunities in Asset Management – the area that connects HSBC’s institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities around the world.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management
During this eight-week internship you’ll get first-hand experience of serving our personal customers. You’ll gain an understanding of the complexity of our retail banking business and see how your skills fit. Supported by a line manager and a buddy, you’ll also be able to build your network and work on a charity project. On completion you could secure a place on our RBWM graduate programme.
Global Asset Management
Over ten weeks, you’ll build your knowledge of how Global Asset Management works within HSBC. Supported throughout by a line manager and a buddy, you’ll have the opportunity to build your network and have real, measurable objectives to achieve. On completion, you could secure a place on one of our graduate programmes.
- Be a second-year student on a three-year course, or a third-year student if you are taking a four-year course (any discipline is acceptable)
- Be on course to achieve a 2:1 honours degree or above
- Have 320 UCAS points or equivalent (excluding General Studies)
- Have a grade B or above in both Mathematics and English at GCSE or equivalent
- Understanding of the role/work of Global Asset Management both investment and non-investment
- Global Asset Management is a regulated industry with a need for high morals/integrity/trust
- Demonstrate Group Values – Open, Connected, Dependable
- Be available in mid June for 10 weeks to complete the internship