Menzies LLP is actively looking to identify an ambitious and talented individual to be our new Corporate Tax trainee working within the Innovation and R&D team, initially based out of the Leatherhead office with the view to starting employment ASAP.
This is a key role within the Firm’s innovation and R&D team focused on assisting innovative clients with their tax affairs including the preparation and submission of R&D and Patent Box claims together with provision of advice around the whole innovation lifecycle of a business.
The position offers the opportunity to be part of our ATT Tax Graduate Programme (see further details below)
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a top 20 accountancy firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SME’s through our sector-led teams.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
The ATT Programme:
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the 2 year ATT Trainee Programme you’ll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn’t just stop once you complete your ATT qualification, you may have the opportunity to go on and study the prestigious CTA qualification. We want our Tax trainees to be our next generation of senior leaders operating the Tax Advisory space!
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Graduate Employers to work for in 2015/16 & 2016/17 (Job Crowd.com) with our award winning training and development programmes for Graduates. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our Graduates have a mentor & training manager for the duration of the programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of R&D Reports and tax relief claims for submission to HMRC including the following:
- Report writing
- Detailed industry and client research and due diligence
- Extensive analysis and calculations in relation to R&D costs
- Relevant corporation tax computation entries
- Online submission to HMRC and subsequent monitoring of claim progress
- Preparation and submission of Patent Box tax relief claims
- Monitor and track financial performance of Innovation and R&D team in line with KPIs
- Support the activities of the Innovation and R&D team and the wider development of tax services provided to clients throughout the innovation lifecycle
- Deliver corporate tax client services to a high standard; communicate directly with clients and colleagues on the phone or in person where appropriate to resolve queries and develop relationships
- Marketing and business development including assistance with cross-selling opportunities, prospecting, networking, marketing material, etc
- Ensure the Firm’s technical, ethical and compliance procedures are adhered to in all cases
- Carry out ad hoc projects and other duties as may be reasonably required
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Candidates must have a minimum of a 2:1 degree, 3 A-Level passes at grade A-C (minimum 300 UCAS points) and 8 GCSE’s including Maths and English, or equivalent
- Excellent Excel and computing skills are a must
- A relevant degree or technical knowledge in relation to computing, software development or engineering would be an advantage but not essential
- Passionate about tax, innovation and working with people
- Commercially & strategically minded
- Strong at networking & relationship building
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.