BDO is an award-winning, UK Member Firm of BDO International , the world’s fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. We specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Our strength in the market place is mirrored in our achievements – Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of our recent accolades. Our people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach and you’ll find that BDO is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
This role will provide Tax services for a variety of clients. You will be part of the Tax team, ensuring that all of their deliverables are completed on time and within budget for their Senior and Manager. You will be self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines, have excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills together with an ability and interest in understanding their clients’ business.
Trainees joining us on the School Leaver Programme will spend 2 years working in the business and during that time will study towards the CFAB qualification and the Higher National Apprenticeship in Accountancy (HNA). Following the successful completion of CFAB and the HNA scheme, you will continue on to study towards the ACA over the next 3 years.
Business Area Overview
• Assist the Seniors and Managers as part of a wider team to service their clients
• Ensure client files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section
• Carry out ad hoc requirements as may be reasonably required by the line manager
• Take responsibility for all client matters as directed by the senior and manager
• Prepare client tax returns required by the Senior and Manager
• Active adherence to budget and time pressures, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager
• Preparation of engagement letters and client acceptance documentation
• Ensure professional standards are met
Communication and representation:
• Must demonstrate strong team playing skills in all client and internal management dealings
• Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
• Provide an efficient and pro active service to clients and their internal management to ensure that their needs are fully met
• Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by the Tax team
• Willing and open to take on tasks and challenges provided by their manager
280 UCAS Points or equivalent- Excluding General Studies
Grade B and above in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent