Do you have strong analytical and communication skills? Are you good with numbers and keen to work in a fast-paced team environment? Are you looking to get a taste of working for a multinational consulting firm?
Then our Investment Analyst Intern position could be just the role for you.
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer’s 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital.
Interns join us for eight weeks running from the beginning of July to the end of August. All work is supervised and you will be assigned a buddy to help you with day-to-day work queries.
As an Investment Analyst Intern you will work as part of a team supporting more experienced analysts and consultants who advise a variety of clients, mainly pension schemes, on how to invest large sums of money
Key duties will include:
- Producing/checking monitoring reports
- Assisting with the determination of appropriate investment strategies and manager structures for clients, drafting reports and letters as appropriate
- Dealing with routine queries received from clients, investment managers, third parties, etc.
- A minimum of 300 UCAS points, A level maths at grade B or above with a minimum 2:1 honours degree expected or obtained in a numerical or semi- numerical degree(equivalent qualifications are accepted)
- An interest in financial markets and conditions is essential
- Self motivated, with an eagerness to learn and to keep up to date with the investment industry, market conditions etc.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, with strong communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Takes ownership for work, always ensuring standards and deadlines are met and keeping others informed and up-to-date
- Ability to maintain a good work-life balance