PA’s Information Technology Group offers a range of advisory services to clients, from business and IT design to implementation and delivery and this intern role sits with the IT Delivery business area.
PA offers software delivery services to clients, taking full control of all phases of delivery, from agreeing specification through design, development test and on into live services. We do this in a variety of sectors and technologies, but particularly relish:
• Tricky or novel projects, perhaps where our client has previously failed
• Tight deadlines and a fast pace of work
• Agile delivery methods and cloud deployment platforms such as Google or Amazon.
As a summer intern you will be working as part of small teams to develop software solutions. Your role will be varied and will encompass many activities, including but not limited to:
• Software design and code writing
• Drafting and agreeing specifications with clients
• Defining, writing and executing testing
• Running release and deployment management
• Improving the quality of all deliveries
• Supporting live software platforms
• Learning and exploring new technology platforms and products.
Some work experience in the IT field is desirable but not essential. Initially the role will involve ‘hands-on’ technical as well as analytical and consultancy work.
We are also looking for students who can demonstrate the following characteristics:
• Self-motivated and confident with the ability to use initiative and work alone
• A strong team player
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the confidence to deal with people of all levels including senior management
• An out-going personality coupled with high levels of enthusiasm
• Able to work unsupervised with ever changing priorities and demanding deadlines
• Well organised with excellent time management skills, and the ability to manage many work streams in parallel
• A keen interest in building software to solve interesting problems, ideally evidenced through a variety of previous projects.
For more details please visit our website.