Technology embraces everything we do. From trading and research applications, sales, trade processing and risk management to portfolio management, payment services, security analytics and relationship management, being at the cutting edge of technology is essential at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. In order for us to maintain our market-leading position, we know we have to take on the right people and give them the support they need in order to succeed.
We’ve developed programmes that allow you to work with the latest technologies and some of the smartest people. The global nature of this function will also allow you to travel, work and interact with colleagues from around the world.
Technology Developer and Analyst Programme
Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s strategic vision is to deliver market-leading technology that drives our business forward. Our business-aligned technology teams develop and support the software platforms critical to that goal. These software platforms cover the full spectrum of our business including sales, trading and research applications, trade processing, risk management and portfolio management.
As an analyst, you will be exposed to a broad range of technologies covering many diverse environments, including:
• Applications development: focusing on the design, development and deployment of state-of-the-art applications using languages such as Java, C++, .NET and Python to power and improve our business.
• Business analysis: using key client-facing skills and deep technical expertise to bridge business and technology and create powerful specifications.
• Project and delivery management: bringing new applications online using Waterfall and Agile.
Technology Infrastructure Analyst Programme
Technology Infrastructure (TI) meets the needs of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s clients and employees through technology, systems, call centres and other channels. These include client server technology; local and wide area network functions; mainframe, mid-range and distributed server operations, and telecommunications to name but a few.
TI teams include Infrastructure Design and Build, Engineering, Operations, Shared Services, Associate Technology, Communication, Architecture, Business Management and Global Delivery Centre of Expertise.
As an analyst, you could be:
• Designing, implementing, enhancing and/or operating information systems, communications and other hardware platforms in support of business goals. Working closely with colleagues throughout our organisation to meet the challenges critical to building a technology career within the financial services industry.
• Supporting the configuration, implementation and ongoing maintenance of large and often global technology infrastructure projects to contribute to business success and next-generation advances.
What we look for
Strong academic qualifications and quantitative skills are important for success in our analyst programmes. Equally important are initiative, strategic and creative thinking, communication skills and a genuine interest in the financial markets. For some roles, a second European language is required.
How to Apply
All candidates must apply online via our website to be considered at www.baml.com/campusEMEA
Please note that we recruit on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage you to apply early.
Full time: Thursday, 13 December 2012
Internships: Thursday, 13 December 2012
Industrial Placements: Thursday, 13 December 2012
Insight Week: Wednesday, 23 January 2013