What we do
We help our clients create the value they want, from public and private companies, to governments and charities. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
Experience what it’s like to work in the IT department of the world’s leading professional services network and enjoy the benefits that come with that. You will experience working as part of different teams within the IT department as they support the wide-ranging variety of IT services needed by PwC. We’ll provide an environment where you’ll be able to explore new opportunities, to help you grow and find your niche.
Graduate work placement
Work on real projects, learn about working in an IT department and get exposure to PwC as a business. These eleven month placements will give you the opportunity to gain experience in some of the following teams:
- The Service Delivery group is accountable for the overall business satisfaction with the IT products and services provided, including strategic planning, financial management and project delivery, through to ‘business as usual’ operations, service performance and improvement initiatives.
- The Projects group is responsible for delivering large and complex IT projects ensuring that: projects are planned, managed/controlled and delivered in line with the expectation of the business; agreed business requirements are understood, documented and realised and that test strategies are created.
- The Technology, Design and Architecture group has three main functions: Delivering architectures and designs on complex IT projects, creating technical research, white papers, prototypes and proof of concepts as part of innovation, and defining technology standards and roadmaps.
- The Operations group, comprising Data Centre Services, Customer Support, Application Support and Voice Services, has one function – to keep infrastructure, applications and services running optimally, to exceed service level targets. You’ll work alongside experienced professionals on everyday activities within the IT department so you’ll get a good insight into working life at PwC.
It doesn’t matter what degree course you’re studying, but you must have a good academic record and be able to show how you’ve used your initiative and team-working skills. You must also have a passion for IT and an interest in IT as a future career.
What you’ll do
During your placement, you will be given the opportunity to work in two of the following teams in the IT department; The service delivery group, Projects group, Technology, Design and Architecture group, and the Operations group. We’ll look to offer you experience across different teams, to give you a broad experience of working in IT. In addition, you will be expected to participate in broader IT department-wide activities such as reverse mentoring senior people within IT, and improving how we deliver IT to our business.
Our offer to you:
- You’ll be part of the world’s leading professional services network.
- Our continuing success, size and scale, coupled with our extensive quality client base enable us to give you the best career opportunities to grow and find your niche.
- Our development approach is centred on three principles; learning by doing, learning from others, and more formal approaches to learning.
- To be part of an inclusive culture. Nobody works on their own. We’re supportive and collaborative.
- Working in a changing world, which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Creating value through diversity makes us a stronger business.
- To be rewarded with a competitive salary and a personally tailored benefits package.
What you need to bring us
- A 2:1 or above in any degree subject
Opportunities are at the heart of a career with us. And we’re proud, based on the opportunity we offer, that students have voted us the number one Graduate Employer in The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers survey for the last 12 years.
Take the opportunity of a lifetime.