This 9 month placement will provide students with hands-on experience in a friendly, supportive team, working with technical experts at all levels. The placement will take place in Actuarial & Benefits Public Sector in our Glasgow office.
The successful candidate will:
- Use analytical skills to analyse complex data.
- Apply mathematical knowledge to solve complex problems.
- Learn to use sophisticated modelling to support the advice we give to clients.
- Present the results of calculations and modelling in an engaging and compelling way.
- Be responsible for careful time recording.
The successful candidate will be allocated a People Leader and a Buddy. The People Leader will support them with their development and the Buddy will be there for more informal support. Work is distributed through the team by the Team Leader.
Minimum entry qualifications:
- On track to achieve a 2.1 honours degree or above.
- A-Level Maths grade B or Scottish Higher grade A or equivalent.
- GCSE English Language grade A or Scottish Higher grade B or equivalent.
- Penultimate year university student.
Candidates must also have and enjoy:
- A flexible and adaptable approach.
- Planning and organising.
- Working with others.
- Problem solving.
- Communicating both in oral and in written format.
- Learning and self-improvement.
- Attention to detail.