International Institutions and Donor Assurance – in this department you’ll join a specialist team carrying out audits and special assignments for internationally funded projects in Europe and worldwide.
Due to the nature of the role, primarily the extent of travel involved, we are flexible on the route of qualification and will support either an ACA or ACCA qualification. Please make your preference clear in your application form.
Are you considering a career where you can use your communication, problems solving and numeracy skills?
The role of a trainee will equip successful applicants with the necessary broad experience to start your career on the right track. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, we offer full study support towards gaining your professional qualification and internal training to maximise your personal and technical skills. The life of a trainee at Moore Stephens LLP is a busy one, full of client work, travel, study and socialising!
In this role you will provide a high quality service to clients in respect of the preparation and audit of statutory accounts. Duties will include:
- Undertake audit fieldwork as part of a team reporting to a Senior or Manager.
- On smaller assignments they may take responsibility for assignment planning, leading the field work, leading the field visit opening and closing meetings and drafting the assignment report.
- Prepare to be out of office at client sites conducting audits as and when required (more than 50% of time). The role involves considerable travel on assignments to any part of the world. These are mostly in Europe, but can be in locations in Asia, Africa or the Americas.
- The role will require the person to commit to extensive travel whilst studying.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the objectives of an audit.
- Understand and act on basic instructions.
- Follow any reasonable instruction by the Senior on the job.
- Prepare legible and comprehensive working papers.
- Be responsible for filling in the relevant parts of the audit programme and audit file.
- Be aware of assignment deadlines and work with the team to ensure deadlines are met.
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of public sector audit issues and techniques
- Develop a good understanding of public sector client structures and the legal and contractual frameworks in which the assignments are performed
- Develop a good understanding of International Standards on Auditing (ISAs)
- Understand what constitutes an assignment finding and how it should be classified and written up in the assignment report.
- Achieve utilisation of at least 70% on an annual basis.
- Ability to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Sound analytical skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good report writing skills
- Team worker
- Adaptable and flexible in attitude
- Public sector knowledge and interest
- Second language, especially French, Spanish, German or Portuguese
- Passionate about international travel
- Willing to work in international locations for 50% plus of the time
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills