This 9 month placement for penultimate year university students runs from July to March and will provide students with hands-on experience in a friendly, supportive team, working with technical experts at all levels. The placement will take place in Actuarial & Benefits Private Sector in our Glasgow office.
- Researching, writing and presenting on an individual project which will span the duration of the placement.
- Proactively liaising with people in the business to gather information on the firm and consultant career path.
- Using analytical skills to analyse complex data.
- Applying mathematical knowledge to solve often complex and challenging problems
- Learning to use sophisticated modelling to help support the advice we give to our clients
- Presenting the results of our calculations and modelling in an engaging and compelling way
- Responsible for careful time recording and allocation to appropriate client and job codes.
- Adhering to the firm’s Information Security standards, policies.
We’re looking for candidates who love manipulating and analysing complex data and who also like to think critically to break down and evaluate problems objectively. You must also enjoy being efficient in your approach to work and deadlines, working with others, adapting to unfamiliar or changing situations, whilst all the time communicating effectively with your colleagues and clients. Difficult challenges, self-development and resilience are also areas you must relish.