- Job Type: Graduate Job
- Profession: Technology in Finance & Consultancy
- Start Date: Unspecified
- Location: Cambridge
- UCAS Points: Graduate Test Engineer
- Salary: Salary is £30-35k, plus £2k signing bonus.
- Degree Required: 2:1
Variety is what stands out about being a tester at Red Gate; improving products can be a diverse job! From the very beginning you can take ownership of the areas that matter to you, shaping your role around your talents and interests. You’ll also be surrounded by smart, interesting people and you’ll never stop learning.
David Blurton, Test Engineer
At Red Gate, we believe passionately in creating elegant, ingeniously simple software. Our tools are loved by our customers and frequently win awards. As a graduate test engineer, you’ll get stuck right into the heart of it all. Here, testing isn’t just that last little appendage to development; it’s an obsession.
From day one you’ll have freedom to write your own test code, construct testing environments, and wade into technical investigations. We’ll invest in you every step of the way and our training program for graduate testers, together with on-the-job training will equip you with all the basic skills you’ll need to kick off your career in testing. We’ll provide all the help and guidance you could ask for and we’ll actively support your career development. Those bugs don’t stand a chance…
What makes you a Red Gate tester?
• You’re passionate about technology and highly methodical.
• You thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment.
• You believe that variety is indeed the spice of life, and love the challenges that come with a multitude of different tasks in your day.
• You have an aptitude for breaking software.
• You’ll do whatever it takes to get things done, even if it means working from underneath your desk during a sustained Nerf attack.
• You complain (loudly) when software doesn’t work the way you’d like – you also come up with a better suggestion.
What experience do you have?
• You’ll need a 2:1 or a 1st, preferably in a technical subject like a science, mathematics, or computer science.
• You’ll need to understand how to program, and skills in an object orientated language like C# or Java (most of our code is C#) would be a great advantage.
What would really help?
• An interest in good software design, software development, and creating intuitive user interfaces.
• Experience outside your degree – maybe you’ve built your own computer from scratch, written an app or built your own website
What’s the package?
• You’ll work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with flexible hours.
• Salary is £30-35k, with a £2k signing bonus.
• You’ll work alongside a super talented (and friendly) bunch of testers, developers, technical authors, and usability specialists.
• All those lovely Red Gate perks.
What else should you consider?
• We’re flexible with start dates and will try our best to work around you.
• You’ll be working for one of the top graduate employers in the UK according to The JobCrowd Top 100 Companies for Graduates.
• You’ll gain experience and insight from your peers through working on real projects from the very beginning.