SunGard provides IT solutions for the insurance industry in each of the following major business lines: life/health/annuities/pensions, property and casualty, reinsurance, and asset management. Our software and services support functions from the front-office through the back-office—from customer service and policy administration to actuarial calculations, financial and investment accounting, and reporting. SunGard’s insurance solutions help your business capture growth opportunities, improve regulatory compliance and optimize overall performance.
iWorks Prophet is a leading risk management platform used by the financial services industry around the world to model companies’ financial business. Prophet’s enterprise architecture provides the power and performance for models to run in a secure and controlled environment and fits in with companies’ end-to-end infrastructure to produce management information required by decision-makers. It is used by more than 8500 customers, in more than 650 sites, worldwide in more than 60 countries.
Our Development teams combine technical skills with a comprehensive understanding of the financial and business problems that our solutions address. They assist in delivering a better quality product to the customer, making us stand out in the marketplace. We welcome applications from candidates with a background in any programming language.
As a Graduate joining our Chertsey-based Development team, your responsibilities will include a mix of the following:
• Learn about all the Prophet products and how they are used. Understand the architecture of the Prophet systems and how they interact and communicate. Learn how to build and debug all of the systems.
• Get to know all our development tools including IDEs, version control and ticketing system.
• Learn how to build and debug all Prophet systems.
• Program using multiple languages.
• Building unit tests for existing and new code.
• Producing high quality software.
• Developing an awareness of the business context and the insurance industry.
• Working as part of a team to drive the business forward.