Kiln graduates start their career on a minimum two year fixed term structured programme, which is designed to give a thorough grounding in their specialist area, whether that is underwriting, actuarial, IT, or elsewhere within the business. Kiln’s graduate schemes have a well-deserved reputation as being amongst the best training and development programmes within the London insurance market.
Each programme involves a series of rotation placements (usually a minimum of three months each) within the UK, combined with a high standard of education, training and expert advice in-house. All of our graduates get to spend a one month rotation in one of our overseas offices, getting an international education that they wouldn’t find elsewhere.
Generous study leave and an exam-related remuneration structure has been a major factor in the success of our graduate schemes for over 25 years, enabling our trainees to successfully complete their professional qualification examinations (e.g. ACII, BCS Professional Certification, Actuarial qualifications).
Successful Kiln graduates are able to effectively demonstrate their enthusiasm for their chosen graduate career path, and their suitability in line with our core values and graduate competencies. We are looking for graduates with:
• an excellent academic track record,
• exceptional interpersonal and communication skills,
• strong analytical skills, particularly when faced with complex challenges,
• the ability to share and transfer knowledge openly with others,
• a natural ability for business-minded decision-making and commercial awareness, and
• a willingness to take the initiative and accept responsibility for their own actions.