We want to recruit an Engineering Graduate with an electronics focus to work on a wide range of exciting assignments within our Technology Practice in Melbourn. You will undertake concept and detail design work in support of the development of new products, process equipment, engineering systems and technologies. You will work in multi-disciplinary teams of varying sizes, alongside other like-minded expert engineers and scientists. Very quickly, you will assume responsibility for part or all of the electronics element of a project, which may typically involve the development of a new medical device or consumer product or manufacturing / assembly / test equipment – from concept, through prototype manufacture, to product introduction. You will use your interpersonal skills to help develop client relationships and will establish your own networks. You will meet and interact with clients regularly.
Our Technology Practice is based in Melbourn, just south of Cambridge. We create value with our clients and provide an exciting and challenging environment for our people by innovating at the intersection of science, technology and market needs. We are seeking the brightest and best graduates who are passionate about applying their engineering and scientific knowledge in practical ways to develop innovative new products, processes and technologies. We offer you the opportunity to work in multi-disciplinary teams on interesting and challenging new product developments, for clients who are often market-leaders.
In your first year as an Analyst at PA you will develop your understanding of the competencies required to be a highly effective consultant. You will embark upon a structured training programme that builds the necessary skills to succeed. Your training will be supported by coaching, support and guidance from our experienced consultants and opportunities to broaden your experience on challenging projects and programmes.
Position Requirements: Essential:
• Minimum of 300 UCAS points (or equivalent), and have or expect a 1st or 2:1 degree in Electronic Engineering (or closely related subject, such as Control, or Software, or Electrical Engineering) – higher degrees are also welcome
• Good understanding of (appropriate to core discipline):
o Analogue, digital and/or RF circuit design
o Systems engineering including a good understanding of signal processing or algorithm design
• Experience in engineering design; from concept, through to detail design
• Experience and knowledge of testing including structured fault / error finding and correction
• Interest in the commercial exploitation of technology; this may be in a special interest area that has formed part of your graduate or post-graduate studies
• Other engineering disciplines such as software and mechanical engineering
• Development of FPGA based solutions
• Knowledge and experience in use of circuit simulation tools
• Experience in small scale prototype production / assembly
• Knowledge of PCB design and assembly processes
• Programming language e.g. C# or C++ (and comfortable in learning others quickly), an open development platform (such as Eclipse), and an open source operating system (such as LINUX)
• Able to innovate and think freely
• Track record of working both individually and collaboratively in teams of highly skilled engineers
• Energy and enthusiasm to take on new challenges in a range of industry sectors
• Adaptable and flexible; self-motivated and confident; able to use own initiative and work independently as part of a small team
• Able to solve problems using both logic and creative/innovative approaches
• Numerate and computer literate, with excellent analytical skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Well organised, good time management skills, able to plan and prioritise, and able to work to deadlines and under pressure
About PA: PA Consulting Group is a leading management and IT consulting and technology firm. Independent and employee owned, we operate globally in more than 30 countries and transform the performance of major organisations in both the private and public sectors.
From initial idea generation and strategy development through to detailed implementation, we deliver significant and tangible results. We have outstanding technology development capability; a unique breadth of skills from strategy to performance improvement, from HR to IT; and strong expertise in communications, defence, energy, financial services, government and public services, healthcare, manufacturing, transportation and logistics.
We recognise that diversity is strength and that the differences between people add value to our organisation. PA Consulting Group is committed to equality and diversity and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of sex, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion or age.
For this role, we prefer to receive applications by 31 December 2013. The expected start date of this role is September 2014.
**Due to high volumes of applications, we aim to get back to you within 21 days.**
To apply please visit http://www.paconsulting.com/Careers/ , select ‘Campus Recruitment’ and submit your CV and covering letter to role no 3330