SunGard’s energy solutions help financial services institutions, banks, hedge funds, industrial and energy companies to efficiently compete in global markets by streamlining and integrating the trading, risk management and operations of all commodities and their associated financial instruments.
SunGard’s Aligne system provides comprehensive front-, middle- and back-office capabilities for commodity transactions to help users streamline operations and achieve greater control.
As our energy business continues to grow, we are offering recent and new Graduates (preferably from a technical/numerical discipline) an exciting opportunity to join our Professional Services team. We are looking for enthusiastic self-starters with proven problem-solving and analytical skills, and excellent all round communication skills. We are seeking individuals who display professionalism and confidence, along with solid organisational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
As a Graduate in this role, you will develop expertise covering the breadth of the energy industry, focusing on the Gas and Power sectors.
You will primarily be responsible for
• Capturing client requirements and configuring SunGard’s Aligne Product to match the required solution design
• Managing issues and enhancements by developing test cases, tracking resolution, and analysing and troubleshooting (diagnostics)
• Communicating effectively with SunGard support, QA and development teams and report progress to the engagement lead
• Following and where appropriate adding to SunGard technical best practices for technical engagements
• Cooperating with consultants and other senior level positions regarding knowledge sharing and project deliveries
The role will primarily be London-based with travel to/work at client site as and when required.