Xafinity is the leading provider of pension de-risking solutions with considerable expertise and market intelligence. We provide a full range of consulting and administration services to over 500 clients and are experts in actuarial, pensions, healthcare and employee benefit consulting.
The Company combines expertise, insight and technology to address the needs of both pension trustees and sponsoring companies. The Group has more than 430 employees and offices in 6 locations across the UK: Reading (200 plus staff in total), Leeds, Stirling, Belfast, London and Manchester.
About the role
A role has arisen for an exceptional individual to join a specialised team servicing a valuable client in a high-energy environment.
Xafinity recruits graduates each year to join our actuarial training program, as it is important to our business to grow and develop this talent. Our graduates work alongside qualified actuaries and other actuarial students at our offices and are exposed to a variety of real client issues from the start. You will become a valuable member of a motivated, supportive and sociable team.
Xafinity is small enough to provide an innovative and supportive atmosphere to its employees but still offering the benefits associated with working for a larger company. With us, you will develop analytical and communication skills which you will need in order to build a successful career in a challenging field. Xafinity offers an excellent study package to support their employees as they study to become qualified actuaries.
Main duties and responsibilities
The main duties of this role will involve:
- carrying out multiple cashflow valuations of pension funds considering buyout/buy-in insurance contracts
- the detailed preparation of data and actuarial bases to precise specification using in-house standard approaches and the use of (MS-based) in-house developed software
- the development of the ability to assimilate results in an accurate and timely fashion, together with the later responsibility to communicate the salient features of the resultant materials
- assisting in performing regular monthly updates of Member Option materials moving towards a position of responsibility for output over time
The client demands are challenging and require innovative approaches on occasion. This coupled with the requirement that projects need to be dealt with in line with umbrella standard operating procedures (so that team members can each step in to project work at any point) demands that the successful candidate will need to display adaptability and perseverance in testing circumstances.
The successful candidate will gain experience in multiple actuarial avenues and benefit from an accelerated learning environment
We are looking to recruit independent self-starters with a good academic record, strong communication skills and the potential to deliver excellent service to our clients.
We expect a good honours degree ideally in maths, economics or a science-based subject. However, we urge applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Of equal importance as academic ability is; self-confidence, communication and organisational skills.
Expertise in MS Excel is essential. Experience of VBA will also be an asset. Additionally, the ability to work well under time pressure and communicate findings with clarity will be necessary attributes. Please note that the role is in addition to our normal graduate intake and is aimed at graduates that are able to start immediately.
We offer an attractive reward package, typical benefits can include:
- Participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 23 days holiday, rising to 25 days after two years’ service
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme to support you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle
- Life Assurance cover
- Xafinity Rewards (offers discounts and savings from retailers and services providers as well as offers available via phone)
- Interest free season ticket loan
Xafinity is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages application from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.