Governance, Risk and Assurance offer a range of advisory and support services across both the private and public sector. In this role you will provide a combined mixture of data skills, client service and project management.
Are you considering a career where you can use your communication, problems solving and numeracy skills?
The role of a trainee will equip successful applicants with the necessary broad experience to start your career on the right track. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, we offer full study support towards gaining your professional qualification and internal training to maximise your personal and technical skills. The life of a trainee at Moore Stephens LLP is a busy one, full of client work, travel, study and socialising!
- Hands on technical capability in managing data (including Master Data) and in undertaking data manipulation, data cleansing, querying and analysis.
- Providing advice across the subject of data management, which includes Data Governance, Data Quality and Data Integration.
- General understanding of financial business processes, the use of information systems and associated data flows.
- Assist in the undertaking of audit work which includes, but is not limited to:
- System notes
- Journal testing
- Income testing
- Expenses testing
- Assist with the delivery of General IT controls work, including preparing meeting notes and other documentation.
- Support the IT assurance team in research and development of marketing materials and other business development tasks.
- Follow any reasonable instruction by the Senior on the job
- Prepare legible and comprehensive working papers
- Demonstrate an understanding of working to deadlines
- Prepare to be out of office at client sites conducting audits as and when required
- Strong technical data skills and IT literacy are essential
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify patterns to develop added-value to business understanding
- Understanding statistical techniques and the application of theory
- Degree educated in a STEM subject, 2:1 or above
- Advanced MS Excel skills and competent using other MS Office components
- Persistent attitude in solving problems, especially in assisting clients to obtain or extract data
- Team worker
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus