We provide financial services and products to corporates, governments and institutions.
Global Banking and Markets focuses on building partnerships with clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. We use the strength of HSBC’s international network to connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales, and transaction banking.
Through our teams of relationship managers and product specialists, we build a comprehensive understanding of each client’s financial requirements and develop services to meet those needs.
Our ten-week Summer Internships are designed for ambitious penultimate year students. We have non-rotational programmes for each of our Global Banking and Markets areas listed below:
- Country and Sector Advisory
- Coverage Relationship Management
- Capital Financing
- Debt Capital Markets Execution
- Capital Financing – Equity Capital Markets Execution
- Leveraged Asset Finance Execution
- Mergers and Acquisitions Execution
- Project and Export Finance Execution
- Global Research
- HSBC Security Services
All programmes provide you with the platform to be considered for our full-time Graduate Analyst roles. You will have the opportunity to showcase your potential and develop the behaviours, skills and experience essential to pursue a career at HSBC.
Following a one-week induction including technical and behavioural training you will be provided with everything you need for a successful start within your chosen business area. Throughout the programme, you will gain lots of hands-on experience, allowing you to take an active role in your team.
As well as this hands-on experience, your development will be supported by a tailored programme that includes classroom-based training, regular structured feedback and a dedicated buddy to help and guide you.
To be considered for the programme, you will:
• Be a second-year student on a three-year course, or a third-year student if you are taking a four-year course (any discipline is acceptable)
• Be on course to achieve a 2:1 honours degree or above
• Have 320 UCAS points or equivalent (excluding General Studies). For Banking and Capital Financing, you will need 340 UCAS points
• Have a grade B or above in both Mathematics and English at GCSE or equivalent
• We are entirely open to all backgrounds, however, there is a requirement for applicants to demonstrate their motivation/business focus/understanding of the Banking industry
• Be available from mid-June to complete the 10 week internship