Our Technology Programmes are designed to develop highly skilled and motivated technologists who partner with our businesses to solve complex problems in challenging roles, such as business application development, application infrastructure development and enterprise engineering.
Our development teams are tasked with designing, developing and maintaining applications used by our business units. Daily activities include meeting with clients to gather and analyze requirements; making system design decisions; evaluating, integrating and developing necessary software; and testing and deploying applications to production. Developing high performing low latency electronic trading systems across multiple asset classes and evolving complex workflows and life-cycle management capabilities across increasingly sophisticated products are just some of the many projects available for developers within our technical organisations.
Our infrastructure facing teams are tasked with developing systems to run our business. Our engineers provide tools, applications and platforms such as the Firm’s networks, computing hardware, operating systems, and databases for the Firm’s trading applications, communication applications and other end user applications. As a large and global environment, these teams are tasked with providing applications that span the breadth of the Firm in an efficient manner.
Full Time Analyst
The Programme is offered in London, Budapest and Glasgow. Analysts will be pre-placed to a department within Technology and, upon completion of the training programme, they will join a technology team that best matches their skills and interests.
Analysts join in February or August. Depending on their technical skills, graduates attend either the Application Development or the Infrastructure Engineering track of the training programme.
This 15‑week global programme includes an orientation to the Firm, intensive technology training and an introduction to proprietary technologies, and culminates with a four-week group project. The programme allows graduates to build a strong network among their peers and build the comprehensive skills required to prepare them for a full-time role and a long-term career.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related science or engineering discipline.
- Experience with at least one OO language: e.g., Java, C++ or C# database knowledge
- Operating system knowledge (Windows and Unix).
- Excellent problem-solving skills, experience in object-oriented development, good comprehension of data structures, algorithms and complexity theory, strong database and scripting skills.
- 2.1 honours degree (United Kingdom) or equivalent.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, teamwork and analytical skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Demonstrated interest in technology.