About Finance at Close Brothers
The Bank Financial Control team (BFC) are responsible for bank-wide accounting, financial control and finance systems development. Based in Tolworth the team of 40 qualified and part-qualified accountants are structured in 6 teams; Retail, Commercial, Central, Tax, Accounts Payable and Systems & Governance. The team reports directly to the Bank Financial Director and face off to the Business Finance functions and business Managing Director’s.
What will I be doing?
You will have regular rotations into different parts of the Bank Financial Control team (BFC).
Your role will involve you in all aspects of finance including, accounting, producing financial statements, analysing the company’s performance (profits and losses) as well as auditing.
The goal is for you to be a well-rounded, experienced and qualified accountant at the end of the programme.
Does this sound like you?
Our Graduate Programme offers a structured yet tailor-made 2 year programme, working across specific business areas and locations.
You will be equipped with personalised training and development, including one-on-one mentoring and exposure to people in all parts of the business.
To help you grow and develop you’ll also have the chance to study towards a professional qualification, either a professional diploma in banking or a qualification relevant to your business area.
The programme is ideally suited to graduates who will be available to start work in September 2014.
Salary and Benefits: £24,000 plus a competitive benefits package including a cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan, pension scheme and life assurance.
Start date: September 2014
Application deadline: 2nd December 2013
What are we looking for?
- Commercial awareness and genuine interest in the financial industry
- Motivated, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial individuals
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge
- Great organisational and time management skills
- Eagerness to learn, showing curiosity
- Knowledge of IT applications such as Microsoft
- Driven, determined and resilient to excel within a challenging and fast paced environment
- Academically we are looking for applicants with at least a 2:1 degree in any degree subject. The following subjects are desirable: IT, Computer Science, Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Maths, Science, HR, English and History.
- Flexibility to work across our UK locations, travel is required within the UK.
To apply online visit: http://www.closebrothers.gtios.com
1. Online Application. You will be required to complete a short application form to give us more information on yourself and your motivation for joining the Graduate Programme at Close Brothers.
2. Online tests. Subject to passing the online screening stage you will be invited to complete a series of online tests as part of the next stage in the recruitment process.
3. Telephone Interview. This is to find out more about you and your interest in joining Close Brothers.
4. Assessment Centre. This is the final stage in the recruitment process. You will participate in further interviews and exercises which are designed to further test your skills and suitability for the programme.