Do you aspire to join a world leader and build a strong and successful consulting career? Have you got what it takes to deliver solutions that have a real impact on the future of major organisations and individuals every day? Are you ready to be challenged?
Mercer is the place for you. As one of the world’s largest providers of talent, health, retirement and investment services, from day one your role will contribute to the success of our clients as we provide them with expert advice on everything from pension schemes and investments to salaries, rewards and benefits.
Joining as an intern into our Fiduciary Management team for eight weeks, you will help a variety of institutional clients, mainly pension schemes by providing advice on a range of fiduciary management solutions. Everything from the design and implementation of an investment strategy and the structure of retirement plans through to ongoing portfolio management.
Key duties will include:
- Analysing pension scheme financial characteristics
- Initially supporting and ultimately owning investment strategy reviews
- Assisting the team in designing client-specific hedging strategies using both physical assets and derivatives
- Monitoring and managing client portfolios including ongoing trading of pension scheme assets
- Supporting senior members of the team in producing material for and presenting at client meetings
- Minimum of 300 UCAS points, minimum 2:1 honours degree expected or obtained ideally in a numerical or semi- numerical degree (equivalent qualifications are accepted)
- An interest in financial markets and pensions
- Self-motivated, eagerness to learn and to keep up to date with the respective industry trends and market conditions
- Ability to work as part of a team and within a collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Relationship building skills and understanding of customer service principles
- Work well under pressure and strong time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail ensuring quality and delivery in line with deadlines
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain a good work-life balance
In return, joining Mercer you will have access to a number of benefits:
- Exceptional training and development opportunities
- Challenging yet friendly and diverse work environment
- Competitive salary
- Exposure to a wide range of clients ensuring a varied work load