The Deloitte Graduate Programme is a first step on a professional career with a highly respected firm. It’s a world-class training scheme, as well as a permanent job that’ll earn you a market-leading salary and benefits.
From the moment you join, you’ll be treated as a Business Advisor, valued for the unique contribution you make and the fresh ideas you bring. You’ll work directly with clients on projects that have a very real and meaningful impact on their success. As well as gaining a recognised professional qualification, you’ll develop the kind of rounded business skills that will serve you well regardless of where your future takes you. And you’ll get all the support you need to become the leader you know you can be.
Today, business is technology. Which is why our tech experts work across every area of ours. We have a dedicated team in each of our service areas, who focus purely on innovating for better business. Think leading edge. Whether it’s the technical aspects, the business and design or the commercial opportunities of technology that excite you, your expertise is in demand.
From our strategists to our developers to our digital transformation experts, we’re here to solve our clients’ most critical technology challenges. To advise, protect, create, investigate, transform and deliver. In other words: we help make business possible.
There are six areas of Technology Consulting in which you can join:
Analytics and Information Management (AIM): is the core of our Consulting Analytics capability, helping derive value from the information available in their organisations to measure performance, drive profitability and meet regulatory requirements. You will develop the vital technical skills which can include (though is not limited to) coding, algorithm development, information architecture design, advanced statistical analysis, and systems configuration.
- Advisory roles generally go down the Consulting Pathway: directly supporting clients across multiple industries and roles, such as developing market-leading analytics solutions and defining architectures, processes and tools to improve the way clients manage their information. This role will test and develop interpersonal skills and provide the Analyst with experience of the end-to-end process of a technology project, from definition, through development and on to User Acceptance Testing.
- Technical roles generally go down three pathways:
- Consulting Pathway: focusing on designing, developing and delivering intelligent solutions to turn our client’s data into visual displays and actionable insights that support their decision making and add value to the business.
- Enterprise Performance Management Solutions Pathway: focusing on delivering solutions that allow our clients to measure and drive business performance, especially financial, using platforms such as Oracle, SAP and IBM.
- Information Management Solutions Pathway: focusing on designing, developing and delivering systems that support the collection, integration and quality of data across the enterprise.
Enterprise Applications: you will work with the biggest clients to help them develop their strategic vision for their mission critical apps that run their day to day business operations. Implement the latest cutting edge technologies that are changing the way we work, undoubtedly for the better. You will be part of a team that continues to challenge itself to provide innovative solutions for our clients including helping them to move to new cloud technology and developing new ways for our clients to engage with their customers.
Your professional experience
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
- Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology takes care of the repetitive manual tasks. We’re using automation and cognitive technology to free up our people for more analytical work, and to provide a higher quality audit.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams.
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
- Aiding innovation through research and application of solutions for clients
- Supporting resolution of business problems, or helping clients to grow their business by using technology
- Supporting reviews of current client projects and identifying issues and areas of opportunity
- Gathering requirements for technical specifications or design
- Learning and applying core project management skills to work for our clients
- Working closely with colleagues and clients to identify improvements or risks for the project