We have summer internship opportunities for students in their penultimate year at university. These roles are based in our London, Glasgow, Birmingham and Edinburgh offices in either our actuarial and benefits or risk modelling practice areas.
Throughout the 8-12 week duration of the programme you will get hands-on experience in a friendly and supportive team. You will be working with technical experts at all levels of their careers, and getting an authentic feel for what it’s like to be a consultant with us.
As a summer student you could be involved in:
• Carrying out individual and group member calculation checks
• Observing and participating in client meetings in person or over conference facilities
• Drafting written documents and emails to colleagues and clients, ahead of checking
• Data gathering and assisting with data cleansing on our systems
• Assisting with hands-on design and testing of actuarial computer models which can be used by our consultants and clients
• Helping to analyse the business requirements of our actuarial modelling and risk analytic software
• Strong communication skills and evidence of effective team working skills
• An adaptable and flexible approach, combined with a willingness and ability to learn
• Commitment to high standards, even when working to challenging deadlines
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• An enthusiasm for a career in pensions and risk consulting
• A proactive and innovative attitude
• On track to achieve a minimum 2.1 honours degree in any discipline.
• Minimum A-Level Maths Grade B, Scottish Higher Grade A or equivalent.
• Minimum GCSE English Language Grade A, Scottish Higher Grade B or equivalent.