About Credit Suisse
Credit Suisse is a global financial services company providing Private Banking & Wealth Management services, and Investment Banking services and expertise to companies, institutions and high-net-worth clients. We are active in more than 50 countries and employ over 46,000 people.
We aim to build the bank of the future at Credit Suisse—working as one integrated bank, servicing our clients across regions and businesses. It also means fulfilling our responsibility to help shape the global economy, and to make a difference in people’s lives. With world-class training and support, our entry-level hiring programs give you the chance to make an impact. Throughout your career with us, you will benefit from cross-business and international mobility opportunities. A career with us means that you can help shape our future.
About CFO Program Services
The CFO Program Services Team provides strategic consulting and project management services to all divisions within the bank, covering both CFO and Shared Services departments. The team defines and delivers the most important change programs within the bank, and through this delivery raises the overall level of change delivery capability within the bank.
The team is managed by a London-based Global Lead with regional management teams located in the UK, US, Zurich and Singapore.
The CFO Program Services group helps plan and execute major initiatives and projects employing industry best practices, focusing on high-priority initiatives that deliver optimal IT solutions to our business partners. The group:
- Helps the business and IT understand the impact of technology, economic, industry and regulatory change
- Enables the business to make good choices about technology investments and understand expected business outcomes
- Ensures maximum return on the Credit Suisse technology investment
- Improves the certainty of delivery (time, cost and quality) through program management, discipline and execution
- Provides transparency in the delivery of our programs and the deliverable benefits
This position offers significant scope in the context of challenging bank-wide projects–from initial concept design to the implementation of solutions.
Junior Consultant Role
- Perform research and data collection to understand the organization, and conduct analysis
- Interview client’s employees, management team and other stakeholders
- Conduct focus groups and facilitate workshops
- Prepare business proposals/presentations
- Identify issues, and forming hypotheses and solutions
- Present findings and recommendations to clients
- Liaise with clients on progress and relevant decisions
Junior Project Manager Role
- Support individual projects managers and or overall program manager on projects and programs
- Design and maintain project SharePoint sites
- Produce communication materials
- Update key program artifacts as required
- Track and follow up on project/program actions, budgets
- Report design and implementation
- Own work packages in support of the program / projects
- Help enforce program standards around project management
About the Program
The 10-week summer internship program provides training in formal financial markets and Excel, as well as on-the-job practice and mentoring. You will work as an analyst-level resource for a dedicated desk within IT for the 10 weeks of your internship. We will evaluate your preferences prior to your start date and take them into consideration when making desk allocation decisions.
You will be assigned a Credit Suisse buddy who will provide you with support throughout your placement.
As well as undertaking an assigned desk-specific project during your internship, you also will work on a group project with other interns enabling you to build project management, team collaboration and presentation skills
The program offers opportunities to meet with senior managers, colleagues and peers at all levels across the bank enabling you to gain insights into the bank, its culture, build a professional network.
Your managers will work with you on an objective and review process, which provides structure to your placement and gives you an outline of placement requirements and goals. This practice also gives us a tangible framework for assessing you for a full-time position upon your graduation in 2016, as the summer internship is our core hiring channel for our full-time Analyst class.
To be eligible, you will have completed or be due to complete a Bachelors, Masters or PhD qualification (or equivalent) in any discipline. Applicants should display a keen interest in consulting and/or project management work.
All applicants must be in their penultimate year of study, be available for the full 10 weeks and be able to start full-time employment in July 2016.
What We Look For
While our employees have a wide range of experiences and interests, they share an intellectual curiosity, a desire to achieve and a pattern of excellence and achievement. Whatever your background, you’ll need to be:
Client-focused and committed to developing creative solutions
- A leader who naturally attracts followers
- A critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- A self-starter who is able to envision long-term goals and ways to attain them
- A collaborative team member who builds excellent relationships
- An articulate communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- Analytical and logical, with raw intellectual ability