Mazars is proud to run an outstanding program for university students who are required to complete a year in Industry as part of their four year degree course.
A one year placement provides undergraduates with an excellent opportunity to gain a range of professional experience within a global leading Business Advisory firm.
The work you will be doing will be important. As such we expect a lot from our placement students; enthusiasm, professionalism, taking personal responsibility, being client focused and independent of thought. Equally you will have the opportunity to work with and learn from a highly successful team of professionals, develop your commercial awareness, client interaction and team-working skills.
This 12 month Industrial Placement will be working within our Banking Consulting team. The Banking Consulting team offer a full complement of banking services including:
- Consultancy, regulatory, compliance and advisory;
- Governance risk and internal controls;
- Monitoring Trustee and independent observer; and
- Restructuring services.
Our clients range in size from large multinationals to small owner-managed businesses across the banking sector. We also work with public sector bodies such as Development Banks and private individuals as Investment Funds.
This role will involve various aspects of project delivery and you will actively contribute to final recommendations.
How we will support you
We will continuously support you through out your Internship by:
- Providing you with feedback: We believe that continuous feedback is the best way to learn. You will receive feedback on each job you work on.
- Supporting your development: You will have regular review meetings during your placement to discuss how you are progressing and will receive support and advice about your longer term career.
We also look to develop long term relationships with our intern students and if the placement goes well you may be offered a role to re-join Mazars on our renowned Graduate Training scheme after you have completed your degree.
What we are looking for
We want driven professional individuals who excel at working with others, who have the ability to communicate at a high level and who share the same values as Mazars. Alongside this you must be able to demonstrate analytical skills, commitment, drive, commercial awareness, flexibility and creativity.
Attention to detail and discipline is essential, as you will be helping the team to analyse critical information. You will demonstrate a strong service mentality by responding quickly and professionally to the team and to clients. You will also provide support to senior members of the team in relation to internal initiatives such as business developments or team work practice enhancements.
We look for candidates who can demonstrate a strong academic track record.
• Currently studying towards a Financial or Business degree and expected to obtain a 2:1 degree or a 1st class degree.
• A strong academic track record in a major Business or Engineering School.
• You’ll need at least 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
• We also look for Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
If there were extenuating circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.