Make a difference at Mazars
From the first day you arrive at Mazars, you will be welcomed with rewarding work and supportive colleagues – the crucial ingredients you need to inspire and educate you as you carry out your Internship.
An overview of the role
Mazars is proud to run an outstanding program for university students who are looking to complete a Summer Internship.
A Summer Internship provides undergraduates with an excellent opportunity to gain a range of professional experience within a global leading Business Advisory firm. The successful candidate will develop accountancy and audit knowledge through on-the-job experience.
Working in our Poole office, your role within our audit team will include the external audit of accounts for a variety of small public sector organisations.
The work will be office-based: It involves the review of annual statements of accounts and of supporting financial information and other documentation provided by these organisations, leading to the issuing of an audit opinion. It requires strong analytical and communication skills. The latter, both oral and written, are particularly important as, in many instances, you will be the first point of contact for our clients.
The work you will be doing will be important. As such we expect a lot from our Internship students; enthusiasm, professionalism, taking personal responsibility, being client focused and independent of thought. Equally you will have the opportunity to work with and learn from a highly successful team of professionals, develop your commercial awareness, client interaction and team-working skills.
We also look to develop long term relationships with our Internship students and if the placement goes well you may be offered a role to re-join Mazars on our renowned Graduate Training scheme after you have completed your degree.
How we will support you
We will continuously support you through out your Internship by:
- Training: You will receive on the job training.
- Providing you with feedback: We believe that continuous feedback is the best way to learn. You will receive feedback on each job you work on.
- Supporting your development: You will have regular review meetings during your placement to discuss how you are progressing and will receive support and advice about your longer term career.
What we are looking for
We want driven professional individuals who excel at working with others, who have the ability to communicate at a high level and who share the same values as Mazars. Alongside this you must be able to demonstrate analytical skills, commitment, drive commercial awareness, flexibility and creativity.
We look for candidates who can demonstrate a strong academic track record.
- You will be on course to achieve, at least a 2.1 in your degree, although the subject of your degree is not important.
- You’ll need at least 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
- We also look for Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
If there were extenuating circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.