As an Audit Intern you will be supporting Audit Seniors on the delivery of audit assignments on a broad range of clients, covering a number of sectors – sizes ranging from privately owned business (POB) up to fully listed companies.
Your role will be supporting the Audit Team in forming a view on whether the information presented in a financial report, reflects the financial position of the organisation at a given date.
You will support the Audit Team in drafting reports which express the opinion drawn from the Auditors on whether the company’s financial statements are accurate and free of misstatements whether due to fraud or error.
The outcome of your work will contribute to providing various stakeholders with assurance of an organisation’s financial and accounting records.
- Assist the senior with the planning of assignments
- Support the Audit Team in performing preliminary analytical reviews to identify risk areas, calculating ratios and considering expected trends
- To ensure sound knowledge of a client and its industry by researching background information and useful publications
- Carry out analytical review – examining financial and accounting records and other documents and items
- Attend client meetings as and when required
- To start to build client relationships
- To communicate any issues or findings arising from the audit fieldwork
- To apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience, and ensuring knowledge is up-to-date
- Assist in closedown of audit files and clearing review points
- Identify management letter points in conjunction with the Audit Team
- Ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis
- To have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- To maintain professional working relationships with clients throughout the fieldwork and social activities
- To continue to increase and maintain technical knowledge by attending college and reading various accountancy journals and newspapers
- Attend all training courses as required
Person Specification & Academic Requirements
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Effectively able to manage projects
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to produce accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Actively offers assistance to colleagues
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Ability to build relationships
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
- Adopts a pro-active approach to work
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
If there were extenuating circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.
Training Contract & Study Support
We will continuously support you throughout your internship by:
- Providing you with feedback: We believe that continuous feedback is the best way to learn. You will receive feedback on each job you work on.
- Supporting your development: You will have regular review meetings during your placement to discuss how you are progressing and will receive support and advice about your longer term career.
At Mazars we don’t have a “one size fits all” approach to benefits. We want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
“my” is a scheme that you manage through a personalised online system. In addition to the core benefits, it lets you pick options from a range of benefits that we have negotiated to take advantage of a combination of Mazars’ buying power and tax breaks. This way you select the benefit package that suits you and the needs of your family!
Benefits are organised into five categories: my family, my finance & security, my leisure & lifestyle, my health & wellbeing and my charitable giving.