We are looking for graduates to join our consulting teams in May or September 2015 as analysts for both CIL offices: London and Corsley (just outside of Bath). The analyst role is the first stage in a strategy consultant’s career. It is a highly demanding job – we will expect a lot from you, but you will receive first class training and will gain valuable experience with which to build a successful career. We offer:
• Competitive remuneration
• A high quality training programme, including the opportunity to take the CIMA exams within your first two years
• Rapid progression
• Unrivalled career development opportunities
• Support and training from your colleagues, including the Directors
• Exposure to investors and management teams right from the start.
You will receive a number of formal skills development sessions including original research, problem solving, financial modelling, presentation skills and persuasive writing. You will then have the opportunity to put these skills into practice from an early stage as a core member of a project team.
What CIL people are like:
We have a team of 50 highly qualified, highly skilled people. Successful CIL people share some key attributes:
• Strong academic background (degree disciplines include languages, engineering, physics, philosophy and business) from a world class university
• Intellectual horsepower and curiosity
• Motivation and ambition, able to stand on their own two feet
• Strong team working and people skills
• Outstanding numeracy, written and verbal communication skills
• A keen sense of humour and broad shoulders.
Although we work in structured project teams, we are socially very equal, lively and inclusive. There are no corner offices, no private fiefdoms, no PAs, no cliques – we work in open-plan offices and are not political. We think ‘a culture’ is something larger firms have to invent. Ours is the product of the individuals we employ.
We are supportive, non-hierarchical, hard-working, unpretentious and direct. We don’t take ourselves too seriously and tend to tease those that do. We also encourage our people to pursue activities outside of work – our team contains marathon runners, cricketers, hockey players, a Commonwealth gold medallist, a Crossfit athlete and musicians to list but a few.
We have very strict qualification criteria. These are:
1) 2.1 or higher undergraduate degree from a top 20 UK or world class university, any discipline
2) Successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK at the time of starting their employment
3) Excellent numeracy and completely fluent written and spoken English – other languages an advantage
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want to meet us using the ‘apply now’ button below.
Please be sure to include the following in your application:
1. The office you wish to apply to (London or Corsley)
2. This reference [CIL2015-INC]
3. The intake you wish to apply for – spring or autumn
Please consider your availability and the timetable below before applying.
A full explanation of the recruitment and selection process can be found in the careers section of the CIL website.
• The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Friday February 13th, 2015.
• Successful applicants will be invited to take an online competency test in the following weeks, with interviews taking place shortly after.
• Exact start dates will be confirmed in due course.