Duration: 3 – 6 month programme
Minimum eligibility requirement: candidates should be in their penultimate year of study, expecting to graduate in 2014
Language Requirements: fluent written and spoken English
Global Capital Markets originates a wide variety of equity and debt capital offerings, as well as risk management products. When an issuer client decides to raise capital in the public or private markets, corporate and investment bankers turn to the Global Capital Markets team. Global Capital Markets partners with the coverage team and advises clients on optimal methods to access capital, whether for acquisitions, refinancing or strengthening their balance sheets. The offerings can comprise equities, bonds, bank debt, private placements or a combination of securities.
The Debt Capital Markets team generates financing solutions for the firm’s client base through the origination, development, structuring and execution of instruments across the debt spectrum, including bonds, loans, and derivatives
As an intern within Global Capital Markets you will:
- Work as a product specialist alongside Global Investment Banking teams to create and deliver financing solutions through debt, equity, equity-linked and/or derivative products to the company’s clients
- Provide market-informed judgments on a broad array of financing strategies to address clients’ specific needs
- Work on live transactions and interact with clients as you build your network and experience
- Help generate ideas and opportunities for new and existing clients through in-depth research, financial modeling and industry analyses
- Work with sales teams and traders in the Global Markets division and liaise with the Global Research division to stay informed on the latest market developments, as well as coordinate and manage live deal executions
- On-the-desk training specific to your desk allocation
- Constructive feedback sessions through performance evaluations
- Opportunities to interact with senior bankers and network with peers
- Applications are accepted from a diverse range of degree disciplines such as the arts and humanities, as well as numerically focused subjects such as economics and mathematics.
- You’ll need to demonstrate drive, innovation and a genuine interest in the financial markets
- Team–working, leadership and problem–solving skills, plus creativity are key qualities, as is the ability to work in a fast–paced environment, multi–task and interact with a variety of people
Stage 1: Part 1 of the Online Application Form
Stage 2: Online Numerical Reasoning Test
Stage 3: Part 2 of the Online Application Form (for those who meet or exceed the minimum numerical reasoning requirement)
Stage 4: Successful applicants will be invited to a series of interviews and to complete the numerical test again
PLEASE NOTE: You will only be able to apply to ONE programme. Therefore, please consider your choice of application carefully.