The Debt Capital Markets Bond Origination teamis a part of the Corporate Finance department within the investment bankthat advises, arranges, originates and executes debt (i.e. bond) fi-nancingsfor corporations, financial institutions, sovereigns and public sector borrowers. Interns in the Commerzbank Debt Capital Markets Bond Origination team will be based in London and assist senior bankers in the preparation of presentations to existing and potential clients. Furthermore,the intern will be assigned and be responsible for specific projects as well as vital daily tasks.
Main responsibilities include analysing market developments, companies,and industries,as well as assisting in the preparation of relative value analyses of companies to assist in the formulation of the pricing of debt transactions. There are also opportunities to assist in the execution of live deals. The intern will be working in a fast paced international environment with highly experienced mar-ket professionals who have broad capital markets, investment banking and corporate finance backgrounds.
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree or recently graduated within the last 12 months
- Expected to or have achieved a minimum 2.1 UK bachelors degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum 320 UCAS points (or equivalent)
- English fluency imperative; fluency in another European language is preferred
- Strong writing and speaking skills
- A strong familiarity with corporate finance and financial markets is preferred
- A solid understanding of the principles and concepts of corporate finance and financial markets, as well as experience with Excel, PowerPoint and Bloomberg is highly preferred