Do you have strong analytical and communication skills? Do you enjoy solving complex numerical challenges and are you keen to work in a collaborative team environment? Do you have what it takes to deliver solutions that have a real impact on the future of major organisations?
Then our Actuarial Trainee Intern position could be just the role for you.
Interns join us for eight weeks running from the beginning of July to the end of August. All work is supervised and you will be assigned a buddy to help you with day-to-day work queries.
Our Retirement, Risk & Finance team is made up of a mix of actuarial and non actuarial consultants so we can offer a diverse range of skills and perspectives to our varied clients. The role of an Actuarial Trainee will provide you with a challenging and complex consulting environment allowing you to utilise your strong numerical skills.
Actuarial Trainees advise companies and trustees on the design, funding, administration and communication of retirement plans. You’ll help manage benefit plan-related risks too, working alongside experienced consultants to deliver innovative solutions.
As an intern your specific duties will include:
- Performing calculations to support corporate, trustee and individual decision making around retirement choices and pension scheme management
- Applying relevant legislation knowledge to client issues
- Communicating effectively to internal clients in a non technical manner
- Developing an understanding of client needs in order to be able to deliver high standards of client service
- Working in partnership and developing relationships with internal teams
- A minimum of 300 UCAS points obtained in 3 subjects including a numerical A level at a minimum of grade B, with a 2:1 expected honours degree in a numerical or semi numerical degree (equivalent qualifications are accepted)
- An interest in pensions and financial markets is essential
- A strong customer service focus and desire to work with clients to help them achieve their objectives
- Ability to work in a team with rapidly changing priorities and demands
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to assimilate data, review and solve client issues
- An ability to work to tight deadlines