Do you aspire to join a world leader and build a strong and successful consulting career? Have you got what it takes to deliver solutions that have a real impact on the future of major organisations and individuals every day? Are you ready to be challenged?
Mercer is the place for you. As one of the world’s largest providers of talent, health, retirement and investment services, from day one your role will contribute to the success of our clients as we provide them with expert advice on everything from pension schemes and investments to salaries, rewards and benefits.
Joining as an Actuarial Trainee Intern within our Retirement team for eight weeks, you will help advise both corporate and trustee clients in all areas of pensions consulting including tackling and resolving issues associated with Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution pension schemes. Our Retirement team is made up of a mix of actuarial and non-actuarial consultants, so we can offer a diverse range of skills and perspectives to our varied clients.
As an intern your specific duties will include:
- Performing calculations to support corporate, trustee and individual decision making around retirement choices and pension scheme management
- Applying relevant legislation knowledge to client issues
- Communicating effectively to internal clients in a non-technical manner
- Developing an understanding of client needs in order to be able to deliver high standards of client service
- Working in partnership and developing relationships with internal teams
- Minimum of 300 UCAS points, minimum 2:1 honours degree expected or obtained ideally in a numerical or semi- numerical degree (equivalent qualifications are accepted)
- An interest in financial markets and pensions
- Self-motivated, eagerness to learn and to keep up to date with the respective industry trends and market conditions
- Ability to work as part of a team and within a collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Relationship building skills and understanding of customer service principles
- Work well under pressure and strong time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail ensuring quality and delivery in line with deadlines
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain a good work-life balance
In return, joining Mercer you will access to a number of benefits:
- Exceptional training and development opportunities
- Challenging yet friendly and diverse work environment
- Competitive salary
- Exposure to a wide range of clients ensuring a varied work load