Our actuarial placement scheme is an opportunity for 12 months experience for penultimate and final year university students. In this role you will assist with a wide range of actuarial work which may include financial reporting, process development and product pricing. This is a very good opportunity to develop your technical, communication and decision making skills. It also represents a good opportunity to gain valuable experience in an actuarial role.
Please note – this role does not provide study support towards the actuarial exams.
These are dependent on the team in which you are placed and may include:
- Providing actuarial support to BAU processes to enable team deliverables to be met
- Making recommendations for process improvements and implementing those improvements
- Performing experience analyses of the in-force business
- Dealing with pricing and technical queries from sales and marketing colleagues
- Working closely with actuaries and senior managers
Skills & Experience required
- Commercial and business acumen
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently when required
- Strong communication skills (verbally and written)
- Good interpersonal skills in order to work with colleagues
- Excellent analytical skills
- Education and Qualifications
- A Level Maths or equivalent experience
- Studying for a University degree in a numerate subject
What will you get from this role?
We have vacancies in the following Friends Life office locations – London, Salisbury, Dorking and Bristol.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Rachel Cook on 0845 2683150