Menzies has ideal AAT Apprenticeship opportunities at our various offices in London, Surrey, Hampshire & on the South Coast near Southampton, for school leavers who would like to start their professional career at a leading accountancy firm with an award winning training and development programme. This will be for a September 2016 start.
The Higher Apprenticeship Programme gives a great opportunity to gain a recognised professional qualification while getting practical work experience and earning a salary at the same time. An Apprenticeship Scheme offers an alternative to the university route into the accountancy profession and is the ideal foundation for school leavers looking to progress to the Chartered Accountancy qualification.
Trainees joining us on the Higher Apprenticeship Programme will spend 3 years studying towards the AAT (Accounting Technician), gaining relevant work experience and on-the-job training. Menzies offers personable, friendly and supportive environment. We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the 2-year training period you’ll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your 23.5 days annual holiday. Your career with Menzies doesn’t just stop once you complete your AAT qualification. We invest heavily in the training and development of our staff, helping them to achieve their aims and objectives and further their careers. This core philosophy is why we won the Best Business for Training and Development Award at the South London Business Awards 2010.
- Undertaking planning and preparation of statutory and management accounts from client’s records.
- Assisting with preparation of reports, proposals etc. under the supervision of Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners.
- Preparation of VAT and tax returns for clients as directed by Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners.
- Bookkeeping (using Excel and Sage software)
- Liaising with clients and related third parties on behalf of Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners as directed
- Developing and supervise junior trainees.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required.
We require AAT Trainees to have 8 GCSEs or equivalent including grade A in Maths and English and 3 A Levels or equivalent at grades A-C (min 300 UCAS points). If you are close to this level and would still like to apply we would be more than happy to hear from you. Please ensure your GCSE and A Level results are listed individually, by subject. Candidates who do not include this information may not be contacted for clarification.
All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract. Please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter online.