What impact will you make?
What do you want from your gap year? A trip of a lifetime? Or experience that will kick start a long-term career? The Deloitte Scholars Scheme provides a unique opportunity to combine the two, with a 30-week paid placement in one of our UK offices, starting in August or September.
There are a number of elements to the Scholars Scheme. In summary, you will benefit from:
- A 30-week paid placement in a UK office starting in August/September
- A £1,500 bursary to go travelling after the placement and before university
- A minimum of four weeks of additional paid placements each academic year
- A £500 annual bursary each academic year
- The opportunity to work alongside our marketing team at your university campus
- Exemption from our first interview stage if you decide to apply to Deloitte as a graduate
- Possible accelerated promotion if you join Deloitte as a graduate
- Technical experience that may count towards the ICAEW ACA qualification
Joining the Deloitte Scholar Scheme neither obliges you to join us on graduation from university, nor means that you are guaranteed a graduate job if you decide to apply. We do hope, however, that most of our scholars will decide to join us full time and be successful in securing a place on the Graduate Scheme.
Who can apply?
Final year A-level (or equivalent) students who would consider taking a gap year after school before attending university. We are looking for individuals who have exceptional academic results, with a keen interest in business and their own career progression, combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills both within and outside of the workplace.
We expect that any successful candidates would be planning on attending a UK university and would have an interest in pursuing a career with Deloitte on graduation.
Due to the nature of the Scheme, we are only able to take on EU nationals who do not require a work permit for the UK.
Audit & Assurance
Audit, finance and accounting solutions are in our DNA – it’s what we do; it’s what we’ve always done. We offer our clients best in class service and guidance, from auditing to financial controls.
Whether we’re working on large-scale transformations or analysing financial data, our people are best placed to give business-changing advice and a full range of services.
Core Audit & Assurance serves global clients across Financial Services, Private Sector and Public sector. We strive to continuously raise the bar on audit quality and value; by delivering informed challenge, intelligent insight and building greater trust, helping to grow investor confidence.
In Consulting you’ll be helping clients solve some of their most complex problems, all the way from developing the initial ideas to delivering and measuring the end results – all across some wide-ranging projects. You’ll work alongside a diverse team including deep technical experts, industry leaders, and project management specialists to deliver ingenious solutions and valuable insights to support to our clients. You’ll gain hands-on experience helping clients from every industry across the country solve their most challenging and intriguing problems.
- Consulting Strategy & Operations: These are exciting times for our part of the business. Thanks to our recent acquisition of strategy pure play group Monitor, we now claim an unrivalled position in the market. Combining the scale and strength of a top four firm, with the cutting edge of a boutique. Our people work with all kinds of organisations, helping them make the most important decisions our clients have to make. These are defining choices that will shape their ambitions and give them clear competitive advantages. Within this field we only hire the best. You have to be smart, articulate and able to credibly advise some of the largest organisations in the market. So be prepared.
Typical skill sets include:
- Financial strategists
- Digital Strategy and customer engagement specialists
- Policy economics and regulatory strategy
- Sector specialists working across all industries, including healthcare, pharmaceutical, financial services and automotive.
- Business model transformation
- Service operations (six sigma, cost reduction)
- Consulting Technology: Today, business is technology. Which is why our tech experts work across every area of ours. We have a dedicated team in each of our service areas, who focus purely on innovating for better business. Think leading edge. From our strategists to our developers to our digital transformation experts, and the countless specialists in-between, we’re here to solve our clients’ most critical technology challenges. To advise, protect, create, investigate, transform and deliver. In other words: we help make business possible. Whether it’s the technical aspects or the commercial opportunities of technology that excite you, your expertise is in demand.
Typical skill sets include:
- Technology Advisory – (Data Analytics specialists, Risk Analytics specialists, ERP Consultants, CRM Consultants, Digital transformation experts, Enterprise Architecture consultants, Finance Analytics consultants, Financial crime investigators)
- Technology – (Technical delivery, Architects, Engineers, Data integration, Programmers and developers)
- Consulting Human Capital: People are often said to be a company’s greatest asset. And we’re here to help our clients get the most out of theirs, advising on everything from talent to organisational priorities. Ultimately, to give them a distinct competitive advantage. At the forefront of this field, our expert consultants go further, advising on complex financial and political issues. How immigration affects an organisation’s tax, for example. Or advising on pensions and executive reward structures, to make sure the people at the top are making the best decisions for their shareholders.
Typical skill sets include:
- Workforce and People Analytics
- Organisational design and transformation
- HR organisation and HR technology
- Talent & Learning
- Actuarial and Reward
The business environment is constantly changing. Our clients are always facing new regulations, shifting legislation and, on top of that, considerable economic and financial risk.
We’re here to help them manage it all and survive. As market leaders in Risk Advisory and Consulting, our people don’t just understand legislation inside-out, they have the ability to translate it into effective business solutions. Solutions that can be easily understood and actioned by our clients.
Our consultants often come from accountancy backgrounds, but not always. What connects them is that they’re all excellent presenters, who are great with clients.
Typical skill sets include:
- Risk & Regulation
- Prudential Regulation
- Governance & Compliance
- Internal Audit
- Technology Risk & Controls
Audit regulatory reform. Globalisation. Tech innovation. The responsibility debate. The global reset. Tax is changing; it’s high profile and it’s an opportunity for us to seize the moment and become the undisputed market leader.
We want to shape the tax landscape and be defined by our position and profitability, not simply by scale.
How? By delivering outstanding services to the broad range of clients we serve. From FTSE organisations and foreign companies to entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals.
Projects fall broadly into three categories:
- Business Tax (tax advisory, transactions and consulting)
- Indirect Tax (consulting, business model optimisation; compliance, outsourcing, customs and global trade services)
- Global Employer Services (human capital: international mobility and reward)
At Deloitte it’s the mind-set that shapes the role. As part of the scholars community we offer the chance to learn a career with a firm of problem solvers – the best minds in the industry – with guidance from inspirational and supportive senior managers and every opportunity to grow and progress.
Deloitte is a business that doesn’t just recognise the need for diversity, but fully embraces it. Agile working is a way of life. Ownership is highly rewarded and leadership is visible at every level to guide you every step of the way.