Who are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates with a proactive and curious approach to learning and a genuine interest in technology and developments within the sector. You will possess strong investigative skills, the ability to think critically, and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. We are looking for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds and actively recruit from all degree disciplines.
You will possess or have been predicted a 2:1 undergraduate degree or higher from any discipline and have 300 UCAS points or equivalent.
What is the Information Systems Graduate Scheme?
Technology plays a vital role in the success of our business at M&G. The Information Systems (IS) Department is responsible for developing, integrating and maintaining the critical software and technology that underpins M&G operations and strategy.
The IS Graduate Scheme will last 18 months during which you will gain first-hand experience in using industry standard technology in a creative and challenging environment. Information Systems graduates are a key part of our investment in future leaders.
You will be placed in one of the following teams with the possibility of exposure to other teams in the department:
- Application Support Providing frontline support
- Development Driving IT change
- Corporate Data Warehouse Producing new reporting platform
- User eXperience Providing “what you want, when you want, wherever you are”
- Enterprise Architecture Overseeing and approving significant solutions
What will you do?
During the scheme, you will play a core role in delivering change, whilst also developing your technical skills and gaining an insight into and understanding of the business. The nature of the work will vary from team to team:
- Application Support You will ensure the smooth running of programmes and carry out analysis on and solve any problems.
- Development You will be actively involved in small teams who are empowered to deliver change. We want technologists (java, .net, xml, Oracle) for our developer roles as well as smart-thinkers for our analyst roles.
- Corporate Data Warehouse You will be on the frontline to help design, build, test and release the new main storage place for data required by the Business for reporting.
- User eXperience You will be driving changes and improvements to technology, ensuring that employees have the best possible experience whilst interacting with technology in the workplace.
- Enterprise Architecture You will help IS develop solutions for extensive projects impacting the Business. It will require innovative ideas that will help form a detailed model of our systems and data as part of the solution.
What training is provided?
Throughout the scheme, you are given comprehensive training and a vast support network; this includes a four-week asset-management introductory programme, a buddy from a previous cohort and an optional mentor. All graduates complete their induction by obtaining the Investment Management Certificate (IMC). Once you start your permanent role, you will begin supported study towards technical courses relevant to your teams’ area of expertise.
Graduates are also able to make the most of the in-house training opportunities available.